Friday, December 12, 2008

Mark 5

Sorry so late! and well i have been busy so I am just going to make this short! Hit the main stuff!

So How awesome is Jesus! I some times imagine I was there and I try to think of what I would be doing while watching him. This time I could honestly say I would be laughing and crying at the same time. Although I am a tuff girl I am very sensitive to any one or thing being killed or having pain. And so I think watching those demons obey Jesus and being forced to go into pigs would just be funny seeing thousands of pigs who are normally lazy and fat running a muck would be crazy! but then seeing them run into the sea would be so sad.
This all got me thinking, what power demons can have over us! We are weak and need to be saved! Jesus is the only answer. We must turn to him and trust that has conquered the evil one. He has the power and authority to save us! I love then that he tells the man to go and tell his family of the great things Jesus had done. I took this to heart, I need to be bold and start sharing what great things god has done in my life! He is working on me every day. I am at times so selfish and unforgiving. I need to remember that I too am a saint who has son in my life. I too fall short of God's glory, He is teaching me so many things. He has not given up on me! So let's try this week to tell of the GREAT things He has done! Kind of like count your blessing name them one by one!

I will be out of town for two weeks. I will try to get on line but if I can't please forgive me! You can pray for our trip we leave on Dec. 15 and return on the 27th. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hi Erin,
Sorry I flaked last week. I am going to try and catch up while you are gone. Reading what you said about Mark 5 reminded me of something from James 2. I know it isn't quite the same, but this is what I thought of! "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that- and shudder." I have always found this verse to be convicting because it really forces us to get up and do something about our faith. In combination with the passage from Mark 5 Jesus' power over the demons is so concrete. You can't argue about what happened with those pigs! We need to make sure that we are leaning on the Lord's side. :) (remember that song) I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas. I will be back to check on Mark 6 with you.